Natural Mosquito Repellent
You don’t want to be that person who is constantly swatting away at mosquitoes, do you? Mosquitoes are a nuisance and can be very dangerous! They have the power to transmit illnesses such as malaria, Zika, dengue fever, yellow fever, West Nile virus, and chikungunya.
Mosquitos are a nuisance and can be dangerous. They can easily spread diseases such as Zika, dengue, and yellow fever. The best way to keep mosquitos away is by using natural repellents in your surroundings, on your skin, or both.
These natural repellents are safe, effective, and easy to use. They also smell great! Here’s a list of the best natural mosquito repellents for you to try today: -Mint Oil: Apply directly to the skin or mix with water in a spray bottle. It smells like peppermint and will keep pests away for up to 5 hours.
When it comes to repelling malaria mosquitoes,
thyme oil is one of the best means of protection. In an animal study, 5 percent of the oil applied to the skin of hairless mice offered a protection rate of 91 percent. Thyme is available in garden centers, and essential thyme oils are also available online.
Check out thyme oil on Amazon.com AMAZON.COM
Natural Oils to Repel Mosquitoes
- It is a common belief that eating garlic discourages mosquitoes, but research has not confirmed this. Some studies have shown that undiluted topical clove oil works against mosquitoes. Rubbing the skin with garlic oil seems to be effective protection against mosquitoes.
- Essential oils and herbs such as rosemary, lavender, marigold, and basil are appetizers that effectively keep mosquitoes away. Citronella candles can also help, especially in combination with repellents. A recent study suggests that tea tree oil is an effective insect repellent.
- This scent-free lotion formulated with 20% picaridin repels various types of disease-causing mosquitoes and ticks. With time-release technology, it repels mosquitoes, ticks, and mosquitoes for up to 12 hours. This repellent protects you from mosquitoes for up to six hours.
- Lemon Eucalyptus oil (found in Natural Lemon EucalyPTUS Oil insect repellant spray), for example, is known for reducing mosquitos and has been used as a natural repellent for many years. It has been used since the 1940s and is one of the best-known natural repellent oils. Natural oils are a must-pick brand because they’re the ones that give bugs love because of the fragrance.
- Mosquito repellents containing a combination of essential oils, such as repellent lemon eucalyptus, are proving more effective than over-the-counter chemical products. Lemon eucalyptus oil comes from another plant but has a lesser active ingredient that repels mosquitoes called PMD.
- Research on the effectiveness of Neem oil as a mosquito repellent is inconclusive, but people who live in or travel to areas where mosquitoes transmit disease should not rely on it alone. A 2016 study found that the efficacy of lemon and eucalyptus oils matched DEET and picaridin. The authors of a 2011 study tested the efficacy of EucalyPTUS oil against coconut oil as a base.
To simplify your work we gathered all lists you might be seeking after reading this the following list may help you.
- Garlic oil – AMAZON.COM
- Citronella candles – AMAZON.COM
- Clove oil – AMAZON.COM
- Lemon Eucalyptus Oil – AMAZON.COM
- Neem oil – AMAZON.COM
People seeking an alternative to synthetic mosquito repellents may find this natural repellent effective in preventing bites. Babies need protection from mosquitoes and may find repellents that protect their sensitive skin a challenge.
Natural repellents with essential oils effectively keep mosquitoes away because they block their sense of smell and make it harder for them to land on humans and feed.
Many conventional mosquito repellents contain chemicals such as DEET and picaridin as active ingredients. Since mosquitoes can spread diseases such as West Nile, Dengue, and Zika virus (depending on where you live) as well as tick-borne diseases such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Feline, and many others, it is important to use an insect repellent that has been shown effective in repelling insects through rigorous scientific evaluation. If you are looking for insect repeaters that do not contain synthetic ingredients such as DEET or Picaridin, there are many products on the market.
If you’re facing a problem in yards also for the mosquitoes checkout some of the mosquito repellents for the yard.
Best Mosquito Repellent For Yard
The Best Mosquito Candles to Keep Bugs Away
To use peppermint combine a few drops of essential peppermint oil with a cup of water in a spray bottle, shake the skin, and spray on the skin.
Murphy’s Natural Mosquito Repellent Stick comes in a refreshing, naturally, lemongrass-scented mini 0.5 ounces stick that’s perfect for on the go. Ideal for hikers, campers, and outdoor adventurers, this product is free, herbal, and a healthy choice for insect protection.
Murphy’s Natural Mosquito Repellent Stick – AMAZON.COM
Murphy’s Natural Mosquito Repellent Balm – AMAZON.COM
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying summer pests. They can ruin outdoor events, get into your house, and even cause diseases like West Nile Virus and Malaria. A new study from the University of Florida has found that mosquitoes are attracted to certain scents that we emit from our bodies more than others.